I’m not sure if I have made a good or bad decision. But here is an outline of recent events:
- My clothes are feeling tight. My gut is expanding.
- I want to try something different
- I mentioned on Facebook that I am considering the 1/2 Wineglass Marathon
- People seem to act as if it something humans are capable of accomplishing
- Researching training, I find there is enough training time if I start soon
- I review a few training apps for my phone and pick one.
- I realize how physically & emotionally unprepared I am
- Tonight I signed up for the 1/2 Marathon anyway (Just Do It right?)
- I just Googled it and realized that means 13.16 miles. Probably should have done that first
- I start running tomorrow
- I bought a Reese’s Pieces ice cream sunday from Peaches & Cream about an hour ago
I have never done any distance running. Perhaps I’ll fall and break both ankles on my first day of training. Perhaps, I’ll love it. Either way, I’ll keep you updated as to how the training is going, what my emotional state is, and how I’m progressing on my stats.
Day Zero Stats
Pace: No idea. I’ll estimate 12 minute miles
Sexiness: Average to Above Average
Goal Weight: 180
Goal Pace: 10 min miles
Goal Sexiness: Extreme
[button href=”http://www.urbancorning.com/wineglass/” size=”xlarge” title=”New: Training Log page” textcolor=”#ffffff” tooltip=”Help keep me motivated!”]Check in on my progress[/button]